Could there be anything more painful than getting someone a gift and it is not appreciated? If this is a common spot you find yourself, get the top 5 tips for picking the perfect gift!
Nigerians are ever relentless when it comes to giving and receiving gifts, they can go the extra mile to locate just the perfect gift that will resonate with their recipients.
However, finding the perfect gift for anyone in Nigeria can be a quite tasking, not to add that most Nigerians cannot help telling their feelings about your gift. If they don’t fancy the gift, you may most likely catch the expression.
5 Top Tips for Picking the Perfect Gift for a Nigerian
- Study your gift recipient: The most crucial step you should take is to study your gift recipient. Take out time to study their interests, what excites them, stores they are more likely to visit on the internet, what they are passionate about, and the list is endless! The major point is that you study them enough to know what will resonate with them.
- List out your gift recipient’s interests: The most thoughtful gifts are usually the ones that are within the recipient’s interest. It could be what they will need in the nearest future or even their present need. From your initial observation, draft out a top-priority list of things that interest them.
- Give according to their desire: One notion that you might want to correct is that you could give someone anything you feel like. If you care so much to buy someone a gift, it will be much appreciated when you gift them what they will like. You might need to remove yourself from the picture to be able to achieve this. Consider your draft list and look for items that match your listed activities.
A little hint: From observation, a typical Nigerian lady will value dressing items, kitchen items, food, money, and hamper gift. A typical Nigerian man on the other hand will value long-lasting gifts that will remind them of you.
4. Tip on giving a lasting gift: Making a decision between long-lasting gift items and temporary ones could keep you indecisive for a long time.
Here is a tip, if your gift recipient is your parents, they will most likely cherish a long-lasting gift regardless of what the gift is. For a lady, you may have to be extra careful so you don’t inflict long-lasting torture. Look beyond the surface when gifting a lady a long-lasting gift. We are rooting for you!
5. Show off is typical of a Nigerian, consider it: And yes! Showing off is typical of any Nigerian from the kids down to the grandparents. Everyone wants to be proud of what you are giving them, they want to be able to boast about it with friends, family, and the social media family. So, ensure you put this into consideration when picking up a perfect gift!
We hope this helps you to find your way to the perfect gift. If it does work out, do tell us your experience in the comment section. Don’t miss the major takeout, always consider your gift recipient before selecting a gift. We hope you get the most heartwarming gift!